I brought this project with me from Russia, translated the article I had found in the Audio journal where it had been published and some effort to have it published in Swedish journals - but in vain. It is like a curse. If it is Russian it is very interesting but ... I have tried to sell a pair of Russian built monoblocks (60W) and, yes they are mighty, they sound very good, but they are Russian and therefore in a way "priceless", meaning even a dollar, a pound or an euro is too much. To publish something from Russia "Cheap, supersounding headphoneamp" is maybe interesting, but we have an article about a Japanese preamp made up by a unique $5000-valve ...
Anyhow, what struck me when I projected the Elektor SRPP-amp, struck me here as well: no need for a phono-amp. I simply cout out the phonostage, not considering the fact that the pentode was a substantial part of the differental-stage, but it worked. I haven't tried to make the adjustments - I am too lazy for that. I don't think that could solve the two major problems I have: a slight hum at high listener levels and a transformer running hot.
This is yet another of my non-existant projects. Started out pretty nice and I think I almost had the amp working. The chassis had been used for other purposes and was covered by some nice and shiny fabric to cover up all the holes.
I helped a friend to build the line-section of the pre-amp and had that one working fine.